I’ve been a Subsonic Media Streamer Premium user for years. Since Subsonic just works I’ve been lazy enough not to keep up with updates until recently. Decided to update to the latest 5.2.1 I ssh’d into my box, downloaded the latest version, stopped the service and installed the latest package available… and that’s when things turned a little too quiet for me. I wasn’t able to play songs continuously and the browser player just stopped in between songs randomly
Usually, fixes for ‘weird issues’ are as simple as keeping things up-to-par with update releases. Reading the changelog after having updated my system (not a good thing to do), I noticed there were few updates along the way for oracle-java8 and such. Last time I checked my Ubuntu server was still running an old java version 6. So, the fix turned out to be easier than I though…updating java and lame to the latest version should actually take care of the problem, yup!
– Stop subsonic service
# sudo service subsonic stop
Install latest java and lame:
# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
# sudo apt-get update && apt-get install oracle-java8-installer lame
– Start subsonic service
# sudo service subsonic start
And off I went to play my music once again, issues free as usual!